Gaming will get even better on Xbox One with a completely redesigned user experience launching globally this fall. We’re making some big changes to make it faster to get to your content and complete must-have tasks on Xbox One. And, Xbox One will also become more intelligent with the help of Cortana.
We continue to be inspired by fan feedback to deliver requested features and new innovation to Xbox One. To-date, we’ve released more than 130 new features on Xbox One since launch and our update coming this fall will be our biggest one yet. It’s a major milestone to mark the continued evolution of Xbox One. We’re committed to putting our fans and gamers at the center of everything we do and are continuing to push the boundaries of innovation.
We’ve talked a lot about Windows 10 this year and our plans to bring a consistent gaming experience across devices by extending Xbox Live to every screen. When the new user experience launches on Xbox One through a simple and free system update, Xbox One will take some of the best parts of Windows 10 and optimize them for gaming. Windows 10 will enable faster and more intelligent experiences on Xbox One. You will be able to get into multiplayer sessions and Parties faster, your most-used content will be more readily available, gaming experiences tailored to your favorite titles will be more easily discoverable. And, Cortana will become your personal gaming assistant.
The most notable changes you can expect to see include:
- A redesigned Home: We’ve redesigned Home to surface your most-used Xbox content. You can scroll vertically to see your recently played games with deeper information about the content and games you are using. You can see game DVR clips, achievements and add-ons for your games and can also quickly discover new content.
- A new guide: Gaming must-haves like friends, party invites and messages can be accessed directly from Home or while in a game. Scroll left from Home or double-tap the Xbox button while in a game and the guide will slide over on the left side of the screen. From here you can access gaming must-haves like your friends list, party invites, messages, and notifications.
- Community section: We’ve expanded upon the current Friends section so gamers can more quickly and easily access all their social activities. This includes the Activity Feed to see the latest updates from friends and game developers as well as What’s Trending on Xbox Live to interact with the most popular games and content currently on Xbox Live. Scroll right from Home to see what games your friends have been playing, interact with their posts and see the top things happening on Xbox Live right now.
- Xbox Avatars: We saw the passion from the community toward Xbox Avatars and are excited to bring them back in a more prominent way on Xbox One. We are modernizing the look of avatars with better image quality, keeping all the familiar customizations fans loved on Xbox 360.
- Cortana comes to Xbox One: On Xbox One, Cortana becomes your personal gaming assistant. Cortana helps you elevate your game, gets smarter over time, and works across all your Windows 10 PCs, tablets and phones (Cortana will also soon be available on iPhone and Android phones). Through voice commands on Xbox One, Cortana will assist you to more quickly find great games, new challengers and friends on Xbox Live, or accomplish common tasks. Cortana can also help you get achievements by surfacing videos and information to help you succeed. Working across Windows 10 PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox One, and iPhone and Android phones, Cortana can assist you wherever are you are – like setting an important reminder from your phone to receive on your Xbox One when you log on at home. Cortana will launch first in the U.S. and the U.K. on Xbox One this fall.
Original Post: http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-xbox-one-transforms-this-fall-with-a-new-user-experience